Friendsgiving is meant to be a day for close friends to come together and celebrate. As the host, you can choose to make your celebration more casual or planned! Whatever you choose, we’ve got some great tips for you!
1. Create a Guest List
When it comes to Friendsgiving, it might be challenging to decide who to invite. If you want to use this party to meet new people, there are a few ways to do that. First, you could send out an invite that encourages guests to bring another friend with them! You could also create an event on Facebook and ask your friends to share it with their network.
Of course, you can also make your party more intimate by only inviting the friends you love most! Send them a cute paper invite or simply send them a text and let them know that you want to celebrate with them.
No matter what kind of party you choose to have, remember to request that your friends RSVP with the number of guests they will be bringing.
Decorating for your party can be pretty fun if you let it be! With the help of sites like Pinterest and Etsy, inspiration can be found at your fingertips. Here are just a few of our favorite Friendsgiving decorations:
• Flowers: Seasonal flowers are one of the simplest and most beautiful ways to decorate for any Friendsgiving event. Stop by any local vendor and pick out any set that speaks to you. From there, disperse them into smaller groups and place them in any kind of vase you choose. Change it up by placing them in mason jars, mugs, vases, or all three!
• Table Settings: There is so much room for creativity when it comes to setting your Friendsgiving table. Some of our favorites include using different fall-colored linens across the table and placing festive name cards all around.
• Other ideas: You can also get creative with your decorations throughout the venue. Hang string lights to create a more intimate atmosphere, set pumpkins and gourds all around, and even look for some fun Friendsgiving banners online.
3. Set The Mood
There are a few ways that you can do this. First, we recommend that you do a quick clean of your venue. If you are hosting at a venue, this should be taken care of for you. However, you may want to wipe down your counters, make sure the bathroom is clean, and straighten up any stray personal items if you are hosting at home. Another way to set the mood is through scent. Light a fall-scented candle to make your space feel cozy and warm. You could also place a pot of apple cider, apple slices, cloves, and cinnamon sticks on the stove to give off a more authentic aroma. Finally, play some music! Music is a great way to set the tone for any event. Invite your friends to send in their song recommendations or look for a Friendsgiving playlist on Apple Music or Spotify.
Now we start to get to the good part! No party is complete without some delicious beverage options. Here are a few tasty recommendations that your guests will absolutely love!
• Apple Cider Mule: The Moscow Mule is a classic beverage that so many people enjoy. That’s why this apple cider version is perfect for your Friendsgiving party.
• Cranberry Margarita: This one is perfect for any of your friends who love fruit (or tequila)! This delicious twist on a classic drink will put your guests in the party mood.
• Sparkling Pear and Orange Champagne Punch: This punch is especially great for larger Friendsgiving parties. Not only is this beverage option perfect for larger crowds, but it’s also delicious!
Try out any of these drink options to celebrate with your friends who are 21 or older. If you want to provide your younger guests with a fun, non-alcoholic drink, try this caramel apple pie mocktail!
Arguably the most important element of any Friendsgiving party is the food! You have a few different options for sharing food with your guests. Of course, you can always cook the food yourself. However, if you’re not the best cook or if you don’t want to spend too much time cooking on the day of your big event, there are other options. You could host a Friendsgiving potluck and have each guest sign up for a dish to provide. This is great because it takes a lot of the stress off of your shoulders and can be a great way to try new dishes. Of course, there’s always a chance that someone will forget to bring a dish or that someone else had a minor mishap in the kitchen. That’s why we recommend using Lee n’ Eddies to cater your Friendsgiving event! Here are some of the meals that we suggest from our Fall Menu:
• Apricot Glazed Ham: Comes with hot German potato salad, broccoli spears, fresh-baked rolls and butter, tossed garden salad with assorted dressings, and a strawberry crème Jello dessert.
• Chicken Fried Chicken: Comes with savory brown sauce, glazed carrots, buttery egg noodles, fresh-baked rolls and butter, and an apple slices dessert.
• Charcuterie Board: Comes with artisan meats, cheeses, fruits, nuts, and traditional condiments with an assortment of crostini, wafers, and crisps.
Friendsgiving provides us with a great excuse to gather with our closest friends, reminisce on the past year, and enjoy a delicious meal together. We’d love to be a part of your special day by providing you with a sensational selection of food. For more information about Lee n’ Eddies or to request a quote, visit our website.