Easter Sunday is such a wonderful time of year. The weather gets warmer, the days get longer, and we get to eat some of our favorite foods! What’s not to love?! While Easter is widely recognized as a time of happiness and hope, we know that it can also bring about some stress and frustration when it comes to planning. That’s why we’re here to help! Here are some of our tips for planning the perfect Easter event and catering menu.
What Is Easter?
Before we talk about anything else, it’s important to understand the reason behind Easter celebrations. Easter is a Christian holiday that celebrates the day when Jesus Christ rose from the dead. The New Testament of the Bible says this event took place only three days after Jesus was crucified by the Romans.
Even though Easter is heavily rooted in religious traditions, there are many Easter rituals that non-Christians choose to observe. Essentially, Easter is a great holiday for everyone, regardless of religious affiliation, to celebrate hope, joy, love, and rebirth.
How To Celebrate Easter
- There are so many great traditions to be observed on Easter Sunday – both based in religion and outside of it. Many of these celebrations have been around for centuries and are still popular among people today! Here are some of our favorite Easter celebrations:
- Decorate Easter Eggs: This is such a fun Easter tradition! No matter how old you are, dying and decorating easter eggs is a great way to celebrate the holiday and connect with your loved ones.
- Go On an Easter Egg Hunt: Legend has it that the Easter Bunny lays, decorates, and hides eggs all around as a symbol of new life. Whether or not that’s true, hunting for Easter eggs is a time-honored tradition and is especially fun if you’re celebrating with younger children! Bonus Tip! Don’t just hide eggs, hide your kids’ easter baskets too! It will keep them busy for longer which gives you more time relax and enjoy a delicious meal!
- Egg Games: Once you finish your hunt and fill your belly full of eggs, use any remaining for traditional egg games like a Egg Roll Competition or Egg Knocking Game (similar to marbles but with eggs).
- Visit the Easter Bunny: This is a must for anyone with kids. Visiting the Easter Bunny and having your picture taken together can be a fun and very pastel photo to look back upon.
- Send Lilies: Flowers are symbolic of the Easter season and lilies are beautiful flowers that can be given to friends and neighbors just as a way to share a bit of joy.
- Decorate: What is Easter without an Easter egg tree! Decorate one for indoors to have on your Easter brunch table or decorate a live tree outdoors for everyone to enjoy.
While these are some of the more popular Easter rituals to perform, there are plenty of other ways to celebrate the holiday. Find a few that work for you and your family, then do them again to celebrate each year!
Popular Easter Foods for Your Celebration
I think we can all agree that one of the best parts of any Easter celebration is the food! There are tons of delicious dishes to enjoy on Easter, and sometimes it can be hard to choose what will make it on your menu. Plus, preparing all that food might be more difficult than you think.
To avoid all the stress of cooking, holiday crowds with long lines and picked over buffets, you may want to hire a professional catering company and host your Easter at home. They can help you put together the perfect Easter food menu based on your needs. For example, some Easter favorites tend to include: Glazed Ham, Fried & Baked Chicken, Pancakes, Buttermilk Biscuits, Danishes, and of course EGGS! Also, don’t forget a selection of desserts for those adults who aren’t able to steal a bit of chocolate from the kids Easter baskets.
Working with a catering company could be exactly what you need to have a more enjoyable Easter celebration this year! Make sure to check out the latest Easter Specials and other Catering Menus from Lee ‘n Eddies.
We hope this blog has put you in the right spirit for an eggceptional Easter celebration!