April is National Brunch Month, and we couldn’t be more excited! Brunch, a combination of breakfast and lunch, gives everyone the perfect excuse to gather together, catch up with each other, and eat delicious food. This national holiday means we have an even better reason to chat over brunch foods for an entire month! In this article, we’re going to discuss the meaning behind the national holiday and how to celebrate. We’ll also share a list of the best foods to celebrate national brunch month!
Where did Brunch Originate?
Every day in the month of April is a day dedicated to the celebration of brunch! National Brunch month is meant to celebrate the history and the foods we often eat at this meal. Interestingly, the word brunch has a long and interesting history, as does brunch food!
It originated in England in the 19th century as a light meal to enjoy in the early afternoon immediately following longer church services. Over time, this turned into a more lavish event with multiple meal courses. Although these meals resembled the traditions we know and love today, it wasn’t until the 1930’s that brunch caught on in the United States.
How To Observe National Brunch Month
National Brunch Month celebrates the food, beverages, and company we most enjoy. Therefore, the best way to celebrate this holiday is by having brunch throughout the month! Spend your weekends (or weekdays – no judgement) in April with friends, family, and food.
The best part about brunch month is that you can frequent your favorite restaurants or enjoy a meal from the comfort of your own home by catering in.
As with all national holidays, social media now plays a big part in the celebration. Share pictures of your brunch spread throughout the month and include #NationalBrunchMonth in your caption.
What to Serve for Brunch?
Now for the yummy part! There are so many delicious foods to enjoy at brunch, and sometimes that makes it hard to decide what to get. Here are some of the best brunch foods to enjoy during national brunch month:
- Waffles: We love a waffle. They’re so soft and fluffy on the inside but nice and crisp on the outside. Plus, you can really make them your own by adding fresh fruit on top.
Fried Chicken: What goes better with waffles then some fried chicken to enjoy that sweet and savory flavor!
- Omelets/Eggs: Omelets are a brunch staple! They are so versatile and can be made to your exact specification. There’s really no end to the number of ingredients you can include
- French Toast: Honestly, this is really high up on our list of favorite brunch foods. French toast is such a sweet, tasty treat. You can pile it high with whipped cream, fresh fruit, and lots of syrup. Does it get any better than that?
- Pancakes: Who doesn’t love a stack of pancakes?! Top them off with butter and syrup, peanut butter and chocolate chips, or whipped cream and favorite foods for the perfect brunch.
- Pasta: yes, pasta can be a perfect choice for brunch whether you are enjoying a traditional dish such as pasta marinara or having a bit of fun by adding eggs or pancetta.
- Popular Brunch Sides: Just like a sandwich needs a side of chips brunch foods need something delicious on the side! Some popular sides include salads, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, toast, potatoes, and yogurt!
Hopefully this blog has made you a little more excited about National Brunch Month! There are so many ways to observe this national holiday and sometimes that can feel a little overwhelming. Lee n’ Eddies can help you host a magnificent brunch with delicious food from our catering menu! You can also create a customized menu to make it even more special for your guests. If you would like to start planning your national brunch month celebration, fill out our quote request form now!